See more recipes with the Ballot
APPLE, PECAN AND LE BALLOT MÂCHE SALADFebruary 23, 2015 by Fromagerie Rang 9
- 100 g of mâche or Boston lettuce
- 2 Cortland or Gala apples, finely sliced
- 100 g of Le Ballot cheese
- 1 handful of grilled pecans
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) of Dijon mustard
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of walnut oil
- Salt and pepper
Step 1: Preparing the dressing
In a mixing bowl, begin with the salt and pepper. Add vinegar, egg yolk and mustard. Beat well. Drizzle olive oil to emulsify, then add walnut oil.
Finely slice Le Ballot cheese and set aside.
Assemble all salad ingredients, add a bit of dressing and mix. Finish off by placing the cheese atop the salad, and serving immediately.