See more recipes with the Délice des Appalaches
RANG 9 MAC ‘N’ CHEESEFebruary 23, 2015 by Fromagerie Rang 9
- 750 ml (3 cups) macaroni or other short pasta
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) + 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) flour
- 1 L (4 cups) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) nutmeg, grated
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) salt
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) ground pepper
- 3 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 430 ml (1¾ cups) Le Délice des Appalaches cheese, grated
- 430 ml (1¾ cups) Le Champaître, grated
- 125 ml (½ cup) Panko bread crumbs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) snipped chives
Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Boil pasta in large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a large frying pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Gradually add milk as you whisk until mixture is smooth. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until sauce thickens, whisking often. Mix in mustard, nutmeg, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Add the two cheeses, all while mixing, and heat until they have melted.
Add the macaroni to the sauce and mix until thoroughly coated. Pour contents into a lightly buttered oven-safe baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, chives and parmesan. Finely dice remaining butter and rub it into the bowl’s contents until a sandy texture is obtained. Sprinkle the mixture onto the macaroni
Bake for 30 minutes, or until the sauce begins to bubble and the top layer begins to turn golden. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.